Snacking throughout the day is important -- it prevents your blood sugar from dropping and keeps you full in between meals. Feeling like you don’t have enough time for a snack or don’t know what to choose? Here are a few suggestions for nutritious and tasty snacks to keep you energized all day long!
1. Keep a supply of granola bars on hand - We recommend KIND Almond Cashew with Flax+Omega 3, KASHI GoLean Plant Powered Bar, and EPIC Almond Cranberry Turkey bars. They’re abundant in protein and healthy fats that will shut down those hunger pains fast
2. Make an overnight yogurt parfait - Mix low sugar Greek yogurt with:
Put your parfait in the fridge overnight and take it with you for a mid-morning snack.
3. Try Overnight Oats or Chia Pudding - Overnight oats provide important fiber, protein, and energy to give you a much-needed boost. Combine oats, fruit of your choice, cinnamon, plain Greek yogurt, yogurt, low-fat/skim milk or unsweetened almond/coconut milk, a pinch of salt, and some chia seeds in a jar or container, then leave it in the fridge to soak overnight. Want to try chia pudding? Mix low-fat/skim or almond milk with plain Greek yogurt, chia seeds, and a bit of honey, then allow to sit overnight in the fridge. In the morning, top it off with your favorite fruit for a nutrient-packed snack!
4. Vegetable/fruit + protein is the way to go - Pair some carrots, an apple, a banana, celery, or pomegranate seeds with a nut butter (peanut/almond), a handful of nuts, yogurt, edamame, hummus, or seeds. You’ll never go wrong with good old fashioned peanut butter -- just top a slice of whole grain bread with peanut butter and banana slices for a light and protein-packed snack!
5. Make your own trail mix - Create your own bulk trail mix by tossing together a variety of nuts, dried fruit, dark chocolate chips, coconut flakes and seeds to make a protein-packed snack.
6. Crackers & Chips - Reach for crackers and chips with a protein like hummus for a quick snack on the go. Try these recommended brands: KASHI Original 7-Grain Crackers, Late July Organic Sea Salt by the Seashore Tortilla Chips, and The Good Bean Crispy Crunch Sea Salt Chickpea Chips.